New Life on Lease

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Baggage II

I lost my mind in the attic and fear became my only friend. I sat lowly by the river banks waiting for my turn to jump into the wash while watching my comrades across tossing their souls gleefully into the cold.

I am not afraid of the cold, so why am I procrastinating? Will the rocks kill me? But the river is too deep for that possibility to happen. i can swim and I have trained hard to get here to qualify to sit by the poolside. Yet with my maturity and articulate manner, i seem to lie comfortably getting a sunburn.

I will not be afraid. I have no fear. This life, this moment will pass. I will not sit in this duck pool anymore. I will arise and let go of the baggage holding me back. I will delete and deter and block out the distractions that are promising me momentous comfort while gnawing away at my courage. I will go where most men never dare. I will live this life on a lease and make the best diamonds you'll ever see. Cos debts and delinquent living isn't for me to inherit. I will rise again, with music in my heart and songs of a new rainbow in the atmosphere. I will fly and I will carry this with me till the day is drained of dawn.

I will live strong, courageous and free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home