New Life on Lease

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Breakthrough

After countless days, sleepless nights and the same cycle I had to do when I first loaded up version one, I have finally got this piece of sophistication to work. It's a miracle!

I remember having that same problem with the signal and the mac recognizing the hardware back in the fitzroy apartment days. The sheer joy of hearing the sound coming out of the headphone monitors is just pure heaven. This taming has finally paid off. Thank God for the internet and forums. Whoever thought it was essential to tweak them settings in audio midi setup. Some hidden utility that no novice would know to access to make things work.

Come to think of it, I did have to meddle with the settings in the audio midi setup in OS9 too.

Turns out it was really the faulty firewire cable that came with the brand new interface. Talk about new in box. Perhaps the cable was too damn long to begin with. But some intermittent signals got me to switch the firewires around and the difference it made!

So now, more than justifying the spending on an expensive software, this is the beginning of a long overdue journey.

And oh, did I mention that the room was cleaned out? I took out three bags full of rubbish. That, too was long overdue. Now we can call it a true home studio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home