New Life on Lease

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Different Dither

Something inside imploded, outwardly exploded, changed that shift within - spawning a new flower never seen before. The effects of a high that usually wears out in a few moments of strive and stigma became the bane of the legend.

Someone lived a life fully anchored in the honest truths of integrity drove me down to the future of my grave. The fast forward movies playing in my head like a traumatizing nightmare on elm street woke me up from the matrix once more. Once again, the light becomes clear like water, still water hovering above the nervous feet of the swimming ducks. I felt the regrets. I felt the pain. I felt the unbearable sorrow of my soul eating away at the treasures I collected. I felt such uncomparable anguish I wished I had not lived.

A rich man's son, a rich man's fool I have squandered life away. Like I lived it, like I loved it, like I deserved it. It's about philantropy. It's about evolution of mankind. It's about being part of the process. It's about the mum and dad and the people outside of the single-minded dreamland. For this truly makes one a man to be revered. Makes a man bigger, larger than life.

It will not always be perfect. But time is running out. I gotta spread my wings wide, stretch those skin marks out like nets hovering over the fire. For when the ones I love fall, I want to be there to catch them. Yes, I will be here to catch you. And I will be grateful that I put myself on the line. For I will know that I did this all for the love of you - the plural you in me.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. - 1 Corinthians 13:1-3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home