New Life on Lease

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Cries

Unheard, unrecovered
Stitched, stiffled, muffled
I want to sing
But nothing comes out
I want to lay it all down
But my heart does not stop pounding on
I want to drown in this ocean that consumed nemo's cause
But this earth is too safe for any risk
God it hurts this freedom beckoning
God where are you what have I done
God are you still in love with me
Am I still the apple of your eye
Why do I not feel so
Make me feel so, wave your wand and lift me out of this hole
My heart got cold sores all over
Through the winter months
Hell freezing over
Landing me a job that just takes away my time
Robbing the joy of existence
Be still my beating heart don't take a beating
Now I can't quite say
What I am grateful for
For I forgot them all since the tidal hit the shores
How do you spell goodness mercy following me
How do you tell white from red and lies from tales
Tears for blood bleeding dry
Hung out hung dry now it seems I have a glimpse why your cross was so significant
Love today come quickly save my soul
Lest I drift unwittingly into the claws of an evil dark lord
Lest my head bows unknowingly to the beast
Give me courage of lion heart
A dragon's belly fire
A sage wise old
Eyes that see further than this gift can give
Shed my baggage, my crowns, my glory into the fire
Forget with me the good old days
Reinvent me the words and phrases put them together for me won't you
If you love me, bring me not the stars nor moon nor clouds to cover the scorching sun
If you love me, let me have you my shepherd caring for my every detail
For my eyes and hands and feet are ever so tired
Come shelter me and bring me the healing balm
My shepherd come quickly make haste
Make my head and heart sing
Make me sing with love
Make me sing our love song once again
As I grow and learn what it means to be a man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home